The&PartnershipVancouver’s Greenhouse Team is looking for an Account Director.
Are you a relentlessly curious Account Director who’s dying to apply your talent to find new ways to create long term success for brands?
Do you believe in challenging convention and pushing for new ways to look at things?
Do you enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment?
Do you have a passion for inspiring and nurturing great ideas?
Are you entrepreneurial and ambitious, and excited by the prospect of joining an agency on a roll?
We have an exciting opportunity to provide strategic account leadership for The&Partnership’s flagship client, TELUS.
Working in The Greenhouse (a unique inter-agency team comprised of employees of The&Partnership and Cossette who are dedicated to TELUS), you’ll be responsible for developing compelling strategic narratives, fostering client relationships, delivering tangible value for clients and contributing to client delivery and long-term success.
You’ll be collaborating closely with Account Directors, a team of Supervisors and AE’s and, reporting to the Group Account Director, with executive leadership of the General Manager of the Greenhouse Team Canada, all located in our full-service Vancouver office. You’ll be empowered and given plenty of space to show what you can do, with ready access to support and guidance as and when you need.
About the Role:
You’ll be a vital part of the fully integrated (mass and 1:1) team, confidently driving the work shaped by a deep understanding of TELUS’ business objectives, customer needs, category dynamics and broader market trends.
You’ll define and deliver innovative, creative, customer-facing marketing communications programmes and campaigns that produce tangible value and ROI.
On any given day the role will encompass, but not limited to, the following activities:
• Establish strong relationships with our clients and employees while ensuring that our deliverables are according to our client’s standards.
• Be responsible for all strategic, creative and integrated initiatives.
• Be responsible for ensuring that our clients receive the most intelligent, creative and comprehensive responses possible.
• Ensuring that the agency, in every department, delivers the best possible product, firmly grounded in a thoughtful, strategically sound understanding of the client’s business, the account’s long-term direction and the task at hand
• Assume, in partnership with the strategic planning, full responsibility for the brand’s strategic direction – its development and eventual client approval
• Obtain client feedback and identify problem areas before they become major issues.
• Stay abreast of your client’s business results.
• Keep senior management informed of any issues affecting the overall health and profitability of the account
• Advance the professional development of the people in your group, be willing to delegate, monitor their work, be a readily accessible resource, provide regular guidance and offer useful performance feedback
You have: (we don’t expect you to have all of this, we expect you to have at least half of these qualifications – and have the drive and courage to learn and grow with us, so you can progress in your career and live up to the rest!)
• Prior integrated advertising agency experience at management level, were responsible for managing a business unit and being highly involved strategically
• Experience integrating mass and 1:1 team, ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Strong project management skills with the ability of handling a high volume of work
• A leader, who is solutions-oriented, makes decisions, can react quickly and strategically to change, and loves a good challenge!
• Strong financial management experience
• Significant broadcast production experience and the ability to travel on location when required
• Strong relationship builder and a problem solver
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
• A hands on leader, who is capable of coaching and motivating people
What’s in it for you:
• The chance to work at an innovative, award winning agency.
• We work in a space where our creative minds run free.
• We have each other’s back, through thick and thin.
• Our clients trust and believe in creativity.
• You’ll find yourself challenged to go beyond your comfort zone.
• The hours are flexible, and you’ll be too with weekly yoga and meditation.
• You might hear the occasional barking at the office. Dogs at the Greenhouse are a thing.
• You get a solid salary, health and wellness benefits through League and Manulife, training opportunities, occasional travel to Toronto (in rain or shine or polar vortex deep freezes with abundant snow storms) and bottomless cups of coffee.